Formed in 1937, the New Zealand Deerstalkers’ Association is New Zealand’s recognised National body representing and speaking for hunter generally. The fundamental aim of the association is to ensure that the organisation and management of recreational hunting in New Zealand is carried out by hunters. Visit the NZDA National site here.
The mission of the New Zealand Deerstalkers’ Association Incorporated is;
To retain, enhance and create opportunities for the enjoyment of responsible recreational hunting and the sport of shooting for the members of the Association.
The principle activities of the Association are:
• Advocacy on behalf of New Zealand’s hunters and shooters.
• The promotion of hunting as a legitimate recreational pursuit.
• The promotion of running target, scoped rifle, & benchrest shooting.
• The promotion of sensible, effective, legislation on firearms ownership.
• The publication a quarterly magazine, “New Zealand Hunting & Wildlife”.
• The promotion of effective hunter education through the HUNTS programme.
• The collection of data, and publication of the New Zealand Big Game Trophy Record Book.
They organise National Competitions for:
• Antler, Horn & Tusk Trophies
• Range Shooting
• Literary & Research Contributions
• “Young Deerstalker of the Year”